Monday Tour Details
Morning Stop: America's Central Port
Transporting a value of $1.1B+ in freight annually, with access to six Class-I railroads, 30 miles of rail, two multi-modal harbors, warehousing, and 100 acres of development-ready land, America's Central Port is one of the largest freight hubs in the Midwest. - The tour includes a guided drive around the 1,200 acre property, demonstrating the many transportation opportunities found at America's Central Port and the sheer strategic advantage of our harbors and location based attributes. Some of the things you can look forward to seeing include:
- The Madison Harbor - Finished in 2015, this multi-modal harbor serves as the Northernmost lock and ice-free port on the Mississippi River, and has transloading capabilities for liquid, dry, and containerized bulk shipments.
- The Granite City Harbor & Chain of Rocks Canal - This 1 mile notch sees everything from asphalt, to steel, to grain, and other commodities transloaded by rail, truck and barge, on a daily basis. (river level permitting)
- 2 Million sq.ft. Warehouse District - This area of the property consists of five 259,200 sq.ft. warehouses, open sheds, and bulk storage buildings originally owned and operated by the former Melvin Price U.S. Army Logistics Base. Each space is rail-served, with access to a 24/7 short line operator.
For more information, you can check out the piece Channel 9 ran on us for their Living St. Louis show early this past May: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzmfGM1k8ww
Afternoon Stop: Outdoor Demonstrations
Join Kyle Miller, the agriculture business development team lead at DroneDeploy, as he demos their cloud-based drone data platform that provides automated flight, real-time mapping, data processing and analysis. Kyle is a sixth-generation farmer who grew up on a corn and soybean farm in Iowa and has degrees in computer science and agribusiness. He has been researching remote sensing technology for more than 7 years and creating agriculture drone maps since 2013. He'll be demoing some of the latest real-time mapping features in DroneDeploy.
Kansas State University Polytechnic
- In-field multispectral crop analysis
- Aerial scouting based on real-time NDVI
- Ground scouting and annotations
- Time series evaluation
- Zonation and integration with Variable Rate Application Systems